- Table View
- List View
The polysomnogram is a formidable sleep medicine tool, typically incorporating multiple channels of physiologic data including EEG, ECG, EMG, respiratory flow and effort, ventilation via CO2 monitoring, oxygen saturation via pulse oximetry and ventilatory treatment modalities. Aspiring experts must constantly ask themselves questions regarding PSG interpretation such as: Am I confident in using all of these modalities? Can I accurately and consistently distinguish a seizure from a movement disorder; a servo ventilator signal from an auto-titrating continuous positive airway pressure signal; an episode of Cheyne-Stokes breathing from an episode of obstructive sleep apnea? The authors take you into their own sleep laboratories and deliver real-life cases for you to interpret with them. Such expertise is vitally useful for house staff and fellows learning sleep medicine, those seeking Board certification, technologists who score PSGs and seasoned sleep clinicians managing patients with sleep-related health disorders. Every image features on the accompanying CD-ROM.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.