- Table View
- List View
The polysomnogram is a formidable sleep medicine tool, typically incorporating multiple channels of physiologic data including EEG, ECG, EMG, respiratory flow and effort, ventilation via CO2 monitoring, oxygen saturation via pulse oximetry and ventilatory treatment modalities. Aspiring experts must constantly ask themselves questions regarding PSG interpretation such as: Am I confident in using all of these modalities? Can I accurately and consistently distinguish a seizure from a movement disorder; a servo ventilator signal from an auto-titrating continuous positive airway pressure signal; an episode of Cheyne-Stokes breathing from an episode of obstructive sleep apnea? The authors take you into their own sleep laboratories and deliver real-life cases for you to interpret with them. Such expertise is vitally useful for house staff and fellows learning sleep medicine, those seeking Board certification, technologists who score PSGs and seasoned sleep clinicians managing patients with sleep-related health disorders. Every image features on the accompanying CD-ROM.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.