- Table View
- List View
The revised edition of the best-selling book on Applied Kinesiology, Applied Kinesiology, Revised Edition introduces a diagnostic method that uses manual muscle testing to assess the body's "Triad of Health"--structure, chemistry, and psyche. To perform a muscle test, the practitioner applies light pressure that the client then resists. If the client cannot resist the pressure, the muscle "tests weak," indicating a structural problem or imbalance that needs to be resolved. Further applications include working with a muscle that tests strong "in the clear" as a diagnostic tool to determine the effect of stimuli including touch, nutrients, medicines, allergens, emotions, poor posture, and stressful memories. Opening with a detailed description of the history and applications of Applied Kinesiology, the book covers the theory, procedure, and intepretation of the muscle test including diagnosis and correction techniques for areas of weakness. Thirty-three muscle tests for different areas of the body are accompanied by instructive photographs with superimposed anatomical drawings that demonstrate the method and various treatment points. A useful appendix includes a glossary of anatomical terms and special vocabulary; a step-by-step plan for conducting a session; and a list of contacts and sources for Applied Kinesiology materials. Offering a new preface and additional techniques in the areas of manual medicine, orthomolecular medicine, and psychology, this revised edition shares the author's discoveries as well as anecdotal observations to stimulate further research. Table of Contents:Foreword; Introduction; Chapter 1: From Biomechanics to Applied Kinesiology; Chapter 2: Scientific Principles of Applied Kinesiology; Chapter 3: The Muscle Test; Chapter 4: Pretests; Chapter 5: Diagnosis and Correction Techniques; Chapter 6: Muscle Tests; Chapter 7: Applied Kinesiology and Manual Medicine; Chapter 8: Applied Kinesiology and Orthomolecular Medicine; Chapter 9: Applied Kinesiology and the Psyche; Chapter 10: Personal Discoveries and Garnered Methods for Further Consideration; Appendices; Index
rom one of the most brilliant and widely read of all American poets, a generous selection of lyrics, dramatic monologues, and narrative poems--all of them steeped in the wayward and isolated beauty of Frost's native New England. Includes his classics "Mending Wall, " "Birches, " and "The Road Not Taken, " as well as poems less famous but equally great.
One of the acknowledged giants of twentieth-century American literature, Robert Frost was a public figure much celebrated in his day. Although his poetry reached a wide audience, the private Frost--pensive, mercurial, and often very funny--remains less appreciated. Following upon the publication of Frost's notebooks and collected prose, "The Letters of Robert Frost" is the first major edition of the poet's written correspondence. The hundreds of previously unpublished letters in these annotated volumes deepen our understanding and appreciation of this most complex and subtle of verbal artists. Volume One traverses the years of Frost's earliest poems to the acclaimed collections "North of Boston "and "Mountain Interval "that cemented his reputation as one of the leading lights of his era. The drama of his personal life--as well as the growth of the audacious mind that produced his poetry--unfolds before us in Frost's day-to-day missives. These rhetorical performances are at once revealing and tantalizingly evasive about relationships with family and close friends, including the poet Edward Thomas. We listen in as Frost defines himself against contemporaries Ezra Pound and William Butler Yeats, and we witness the evolution of his thoughts about prosody, sound, style, and other aspects of poetic craft. In its literary interest and sheer display of personality, Frost's correspondence is on a par with the letters of Emily Dickinson, Robert Lowell, and Samuel Beckett. "The Letters of Robert Frost" holds hours of pleasurable reading for lovers of Frost and modern American poetry.
A feast for lovers of American literature--the work of our greatest poet, redesigned and relaunched for a new generation of readers. No poet is more emblematically American than Robert Frost.
A collection of Robert Frost's poems with background information by Louis Untermeyer
A marvelous collection of Frost's poems including: The Pasture, Good Hours, Going for Water, Blueberries, Looking for a Sunset, Bird in Winter, Acquainted with the Night, A Hillside Thaw, Good-bye and Keep Cold, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Come In, A Patch of Old Snow, Christmas Trees, Birches, A Young Birch, A Passing Glimpse, The Last Mowing, Pea Brush, The Telephone, The Rose Family, One Guess, Fireflies in the Garden, Blue Butterfly Day, Departmental, A Drumlin Woodchuck, Runaway, The Cow in Apple Time, and many others.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.