- Table View
- List View
Understanding an organization's reliance on information systems and how to mitigate the vulnerabilities of these systems can be an intimidating challenge--especially when considering less well-known weaknesses or even unknown vulnerabilities that have not yet been exploited. The authors introduce the Vulnerability Assessment and Mitigation methodology, a six-step process that uses a top-down approach to protect against future threats and system failures while mitigating current and past threats and weaknesses.
Advances in information technology are heavily influencing ways in which business, society, and government work and function throughout the globe, bringing many changes to everyday life, in a process commonly termed the "information revolution." This book paints a picture of the state of the information revolution today and how it will likely progress in the near- to mid-term future (10 to 15 years), focusing separately on different regions of the world-North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa.
The growing volume of electronically stored information has led to concerns that requests for electronic discovery (e-discovery) can increase litigation costs, impose new risks on lawyers and their clients, and alter expectations about likely court outcomes. The authors provide an overview of the issues involved and outline five avenues for future research on the legal and economic implications of e-discovery.
The revised fourth edition of this classic textbook on cardiac anatomy written from the stance of the cardiac surgeon features many new images, including computed tomography angiography. The provision of multiple high quality surgical and pathological photographs makes it essential reading for cardiac surgeons, and of great value to cardiologists, surgical pathologists, radiologists and anaesthetists. The book will also be a valuable reference resource for any healthcare professional or researcher who needs to understand detailed cardiac anatomy. The book begins by describing the surgical approaches to the heart. It goes on to discuss the normal surgical anatomy of the cardiac chambers, the valves, and the systems for circulation and conduction within the heart. This provides the essential anatomical information required to assess and interpret the malformations, lesions and abnormalities discussed in the remainder of the book.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.