Acupuncture patients who want the nitty-gritty of such needling techniques as depth, placement, and needle type should read The Art of Acupuncture Techniques. It's unique historical perspective preserves theoretical concepts that haven't been taught in China since the Cultural Revolution. If you really want to know what's going on during treatment, whether you're seeking relief from a skin condition, angina, or infertility, it's right on target.
It is essential for social work students to know about social policy, to know why studying social policy is important in the social work degree, and to understand how social policy, when implemented, has a real impact on the everyday life of vulnerable people. This book provides plenty of examples of this impact, tracing the development of welfare provision for older people right through the twentieth century, leading up to an analysis of contemporary developments, which students will need to know about in order to practice effectively.
This text quickly established itself as an essential resource for social work students. It is designed to be used as an interactive resource, with activities throughout the text, as well as summaries of contemporary cases to illustrate and draw out key points, aiding and reinforcing learning. The third edition of this book has been substantially revised to include all recent key legislation. In addition, case studies and research summaries have been updated to reflect current thinking, ensuring that this book remains a key text for all those wanting to understand how the law affects everyday social work practice.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.