- Table View
- List View
For those who don't want readings, the Brief Edition contains the rhetoric portion of The Informed Argument, 6th edition.
Providing a reliable standard for writing students and teachers, this text is based on the Harbrace Handbook of English (1941), the perennial college grammar and writing guide that grew from a systematic analysis of errors in some 20,000 college papers. In addition to a cleaner and clearer design, the second edition offers new emphasis on the rhetorical situation; revamped chapters on drafting and revising essays, e-designing, and writing arguments; new chapters on e-writing and evaluating online and print sources; coverage of writing for academic discourse, social and natural sciences, and business; and expanded style guides for researched writing. Annotation (c)2003 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.