The proven, drug-free program to treat the cause-not just the symptoms-of autism spectrum disorders and related conditions. Each year, an estimated 1.5 million children-one out of every six-are diagnosed with autism, Asperger's syndrome, ADHD, dyslexia, and obsessive compulsive disorder. Dr. Robert Melillo brings a fundamentally new understanding to the cause of these conditions with his revolutionary Brain Balance Program(tm). It has achieved real, fully documented results that have dramatically improved the quality of life for children and their families in every aspect: behavioral, emotional, academic, and social. Disconnected Kids shows parents how to use this drug-free approach at home, including:Fully customizable exercises that target physical, sensory, and academic performanceA behavior modification planAdvice for identifying food sensitivities that play a hidden roleA follow-up program that helps to ensure lasting results
Disconnected Kids: The Groundbreaking Brain Balance Program for Children with Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, and Other Neurological Disordersby Robert Melillo
Based on years of scientific research and used to successfully treat approximately 1,000 children to date, Dr. Robert Melillo's Brain Balance Program addresses not just the symptoms of what's plaguing our kids but the cause. In Disconnected Kids, Dr. Melillo presents an individualized at-home program that allows readers to assess, address, and even correct their child's neurological disconnects using simple physical, sensory, and academic exercises.
A scientifically developed program for feeding kids with special needs--based on the popular Brain Balance Program Dr. Robert Melillo's Brain Balance program has helped thousands of families across the country, offering a drug-free, scientifically based method for addressing a wide range of conditions, including autism spectrum disorders and ADHD. In this new book, he presents the nutritional side of the Brain Balance Program, featuring guidelines, tips, and kid-friendly recipes based on the latest scientific research on how food affects the brain. Designed to help busy parents feed picky kids in a beneficial way, the book will show readers how to: * Recognize the difference between a fussy eater and a problem eater. * Ease the sensory issues that make for mealtime mayhem. * Identify food sensitivities using a simple elimination diet. * Choose supplements that will help ensure adequate daily amounts of the specific vitamins and minerals important to brain health. * Prepare delicious, healthy meals that will pass the taste test of even the most finicky eaters. * Understand how the brain plays a primary role in many dietary and nutritional issue including food sensitivities.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.