- Table View
- List View
The 3rd Edition of Resorts: Management and Operation is a summary of almost 30 years of thought, analysis, and research into the field of resort management written from a business viewpoint yet takes into account the unique structure of resorts. The text is divided into three sections. Each section has a philosophical basis for the inclusion of the subsequent principles and practices. The first section covers major types of resorts: those that are mountain-based, beach-based and golf/tennis based. Two chapters are devoted to each of the various resort types. The first chapters of each resort type focuses on development issues with the impact on operations noted throughout. The second chapter in each resort type deals with guest profiles and management issues. The second section highlights what makes managing a resort different from managing a 'regular' hotel. The final section features a newly expanded chapter on spas, pools, and indoor water parks along with individual chapters on specialty resorts, cruise ships and casinos, reflecting the importance of these types of properties.
This undergraduate text introduces the tourism industry, with sections on planning, developing, and controlling tourism destinations, tourism marketing and promotion, factors influencing the tourism market, and the characteristics of travel. Learning features include objectives, chapter overviews, and summaries, plus a glossary. Mill teaches in the School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management at the University of Denver. Morrison teaches in the Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management at Purdue University. Annotation c. Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
This seventh edition incorporates changes in the tourism system relating to destinations, channels of distribution, tourist markets, and modes of transportation. Each chapter includes new "Quick Trips."
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.