- Table View
- List View
Since the earliest years of its development, Functional Analytic Psychotherapy (FAP) has been hailed for its clinical innovation and transformative power with clients across the range of disorders. Building on the foundations of their earlier volumes about this versatile therapy, the editors of The Practice of Functional Analytic Psychotherapy bring together noted clinicians and researchers to explain in depth how FAP can be used in conjunction with a broad spectrum of therapeutic approaches, and with diverse client populations. The hallmarks of the method, including therapist sensitivity and responding to client behavior in the moment, courage, mindfulness, acceptance, and egalitarianism, inform a wide array of interventions and strategies, among them: Integrating FAP with other treatments, including cognitive behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, behavioral activation, psychodynamic therapies, and feminist therapies. Applying FAP across cultures, nationalities, and ethnicities. Employing FAP with couples. Increasing sensitivity to and effectiveness with sexual minority clients. Modifying FAP for developmentally appropriate use with adolescents. Enhancing a team approach with severely mentally ill patients in institutional settings. Strengthening the power of interpersonal process groups. As a new tool or an enhancement to current practice, these applications of FAP will give therapists an empowering complement to their work. The Practice of Functional Analytic Psychotherapy points to compelling directions in personal growth and change--on both sides of the therapeutic bond.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.