- Table View
- List View
Despite the efforts of therapists and patients, many patients in cognitive-behavioral therapy or any therapy do not improve. This unique book is designed to help the clinician better understand and work with patients who seem unable or unwilling to make needed changes. Integrating ideas from a range of psychotherapeutic approaches, the book presents a multidimensional model of resistance. It enumerates the specific impediments to change that may arise in the cognitive therapy context and brings each one to life with realistic clinical illustrations. Clinicians learn practical strategies and interventions to deal with a number of types of resistance, from reluctance to comply with basic cognitive procedures to risk-aversion and self-handicapping. Also addressed are countertransference issues, including workable ways that clinicians can modify their own responses to patients to overcome impasses in treatment.
This book is a unique and practical clinician's toolbox and includes bibliographical references and index. This book pulls together all the pieces a clinician needs to do effective therapy for seven of the most common disorders and integrates symptoms, theory, interventions, patient education, and data collection so well for so many diagnoses.
You wish you didn't spend as much time worrying as you do, but you just can't seem to help it. Worrying feels like second nature. It's what helps you solve your problems and prevents you from making mistakes. It's what motivates you to be prepared--if you didn't worry, things might get out of hand. Worry protects you, prepares you, and keeps you safe.Is it working? Or is it making you tense, tired, anxious, uncertain--and more worried?For more than twenty-five years, Dr. Robert L. Leahy has successfully helped thousands of people defeat the worry that is holding them back. The Worry Cure is his new, comprehensive approach to help you identify, challenge, and overcome all types of worry, using the most recent research and his more than two decades of experience in treating patients.This empowering seven-step program, including practical, easy-to-follow advice and techniques, will help you: * Determine your "worry profile" and change your patterns of worry * Identify productive and unproductive worry* Take control of time and eliminate the sense of urgency that keeps you anxious* Focus on new opportunities--not on your fear of failure* Embrace uncertainty instead of searching for perfect solutions* Stop the most common safety behaviors that you think make things better--but actually make things worseDesigned to address general worries as well as the unique issues surrounding some of the most common areas of worry--relationships, health, money, work, and the need for approval--The Worry Cure is for everyone, from the chronic worrier to the occasional ruminator. It's time to stop thinking you're "just a worrier" who can't change and start using the groundbreaking methods in The Worry Cure to achieve the healthier, more successful life you deserve.From the Hardcover edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.