- Table View
- List View
This book will provide both an evidence base and practical recommendations for the treatment of patients with congenital heart disease. It will be a resource to all health care providers, including pediatric cardiologists, pediatric intensivists, pediatric heart surgeons, fetal specialists, maternal fetal medicine specialists, neonatologists, nurses, advanced practice nurses, in addition to trainees in the field. It will summarize world knowledge on the topic of heart failure in patients with congenital heart disease. It will provide an in depth analysis of the current methods of diagnosis and treatment of heart failure. Now that surgical results are at record success rates, more patients with congenital heart disease are surviving, and thus at risk for sequelae from their disease, including heart failure. It will provide evidence based and practical recommendations to the practitioner for the management of heart failure signs and symptoms.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.