You know him from the hit A&E show Duck Dynasty--now you can enjoy Uncle Si's tall tales, crazy exploits, and quirky one-liners in one raucous collection!"These hands are so fast, I can get your wallet before you know it. In a minute, you'll be standing there buck naked and won't know what hit you!" "Look here--if it wasn't for my tripped knee, I'd be playing in the NBA today." "Hey, Jack!" Any of these sound familiar? If they do--or even if they don't--you're in for a good laugh. The brother of patriarch Phil Robertson, Uncle Si has a limitless supply of stories about his childhood, duck hunting adventures, his days in Vietnam, and everything in between. Now the best of those tales are gathered into this roaring book. Si shares stories of the more than twenty-five marriage proposals he's received in the mail (some with photos!), how he came to use a green Tupperware cup for his ever-present sweet tea, and how his cigarette smoke made a deer cough (he's since quit smoking). And in many of these never-before-heard tales, Si openly talks about his wife and two children--who are never seen and rarely mentioned on the show. Sure to please die-hard fans and curious newbies alike, Si's one-liners are presented alongside fun, expressive photographs. In no time, this smattering of zany stories will have you falling over with laughter and retelling them to all your friends.
America's favorite uncle and bestselling author of Si-cology 1, Duck Dynasty's Si Robertson, opens up about how his faith has brought him peace and serenity throughout his many not-so-peaceful adventures.Si Robertson has gone from chief duck call maker to beloved star of A&E's Duck Dynasty. Through his transition, he has remained untainted by the popularity and money, and is the same man he was before stardom--generous, kind, compassionate, and a little bit crazy. Beginning where Si-cology 1 ended, Uncle Si gets much more personal as he talks about his life on the road as one of the show's favorites, and how he feels about life after the show. Si-renity will be full of Si-style, hilarious stories, as well as an up-close look inside the heart and faith of this loveable fan favorite. This new book shines a light on the kindness and compassion Si has for children, the military, and the less fortunate. Full of zany, yet honest stories about his day-to-day life on the road, Si narrates the lessons he's learned about living life courageously and joyfully, and shares his personal source of peace and love for others--both originating directly from his faith in God.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.