For centuries, humans have been seeking it-that elusive fountain of youth, a cure for old age. From wrinkle creams and cosmetic surgery, to dietary supplements and hormone therapy, entire industries thrive on our reluctance to grow old. We fear losing our vigor, our social network, our memories, our wealth, yes, even our hair! But suppose up to 75 percent of how long we live and much of how well we age is determined by lifestyle? While scientists disagree on how to prevent the effects of aging, most all agree that you can significantly influence how well you age. In Never Too Young: Your Blueprint for Staying Smart, Strong, and Happy for Life, author Robin Porter provides strategies to start as early as your fifties or sixties to empower yourself to live an active, engaged later life. Whether you are planning for your retirement or helping to identify the best resources for your aging parents, this book will help make those senior years the happiest, healthiest possible.
Becoming the primary caregiver for a spouse, family member, friend, or loved one can be a tremendously rewarding and equally challenging experience.How do you know if you're the right person to be a caregiver? What important conversations should you have beforehand to make sure that you're starting off on the right foot? What aspects of care should you manage personally and how do you assemble the best support team to handle the rest? How do you deal with doctors, hospitals, and other medical issues?Oh, and in the midst of those questions and many, many more, who takes care of you? As you invest your time, energy and strength into caregiving, how do you avoid burnout and maintain your own physical and emotional wellbeing?The Complete Caregiver's Organizer is designed to help you provide the best possible care to others without neglecting your own needs as a result. Robin Porter offers direct and attainable strategies for managing common issues that all caregivers face, from basic health and safety concerns to complex medical and legal questions, in addition to invaluable checklists, journaling components, activities, and ideas that will guide you along your path.Whether you're a first-time caregiver struggling with questions and confusion about where to start or one with more experience who is feeling overwhelmed and outmatched, the tips and tools contained in The Complete Caregiver's Organizer will start to bring balance back to your life.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.