- Table View
- List View
Homeland meets Marie Lus Legend in Blackout, which #1 New York Times bestselling author Ally Condie called "a thrilling combination of Wellss trademark twists and terror. Fantastic "Laura and Alec are highly trained teenage terrorists. Jack and Aubrey are small-town high school students. There was no reason for their paths to ever cross. But now a mysterious virus is spreading throughout America, infecting teenagers with impossible superpowers--and all teens are being rounded up, dragged to government testing facilities, and drafted into the army to fight terrorism. Suddenly, Jack, Laura, Aubrey, and Alec find their lives intertwined in a complex web of deception, loyalty, and catastrophic danger--where one wrong choice could trigger an explosion that ends it all.
Homeland meets Marie Lu's Legend in the explosive sequel to Blackout, which #1 New York Times bestselling author Ally Condie called "a thrilling combination of Wells's trademark twists and terror. Fantastic!"It began with a virus. Then a series of attacks erupted across the nation. Now America is at war--and a handful of teens with impossible powers are its only defense.In Dead Zone, Robison Wells delivers his most nail-bitingly tense read yet--and an electrifying conclusion to a two-book series that's perfect for fans of The Maze Runner and I Am Number Four.
Benson Fisher escaped from Maxfield Academy's deadly rules and brutal gangs. He thought that the worst was over. But now Benson is trapped in a different kind of prison--a town filled with familiar faces. Classmates from Maxfield who Benson had seen die. Friends he was afraid he had killed. They are all pawns in the school's twisted experiment, held captive and controlled by an unseen force. And while Benson struggles to figure out who, if anyone, can be trusted, he discovers that Maxfield Academy's plans are darker than anything he imagined--and they may be impossible to stop.
This 50-page digital original novella introduces readers to Blackout, a series by acclaimed author Robison Wells that combines the high-stakes intensity of televisions Homeland with the lightning-fast action of Marie Lus Legend. Something strange is happening to Krezi. She has a dangerously high fever her doctors cant explain, and objects keep bursting into flames around her--but the fire doesnt seem to hurt her at all. Krezi wants nothing more than to control her mysterious abilities. But what she doesnt know is that there are others like her out there . . . and in the wrong hands, this power could be deadly. Going Dark also features a teaser to Blackout. HarperTeen Impulse is a digital imprint focused on young adult short stories and novellas, with new releases the first Tuesday of every month.
Benson Fisher thought that a scholarship to Maxfield Academy would be the ticket out of his dead-end life. He was wrong. Now he's trapped in a school that's surrounded by a razor-wire fence. A school where video cameras monitor his every move. Where there are no adults. Where the kids have split into groups in order to survive. Where breaking the rules equals death. But when Benson stumbles upon the school's real secret, he realizes that playing by the rules could spell a fate worse than death, and that escape-his only real hope for survival-may be impossible.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.