- Table View
- List View
Robyn Chachula's first book,Blueprint Crochet, introduced American readers to crochet stitch diagrams used by crocheters throughout the world, demonstrated on contemporary designs for women. Although written-out directions are more common to American readers, diagrams are the standard in international crochet patterns. Once crocheters understand the symbols, the diagrams are often easier to follow than written directions. Now withBaby Blueprint Crochet, Robyn offers the opportunity to practice these new skills and techniques on smaller, less daunting projects. The modern baby garment and accessory patterns inBaby Blueprint Crochetare designed to appeal to moms and kids as well as crocheters: no frilly stuff, no scratchy yarns that make the baby red, and no heirloom afghans to keep out of baby's hands. Instead, the projects are contemporary and bright, fun, fashionable, useful, and launder easily. The nineteen projects include girls' garments, such as a jumper and tunic; boys' garments, including a jacket and a vests; accessories from hats to slippers and even diaper covers; and home items including blankets and toys.
Using graphic illustrations and clear guidelines, this straightforward crochet resource is essential for the visual crafter - anyone who understands maps better than verbal directions, and images better than basic step-by-step instructions. Covering a wide range of skill levels, it introduces the universal symbol language of crochet to newcomers, while also satisfying the need for intermediate level patterns. Each crochet design is broken down stitch-by-stitch in a diagram format so that visual learners can see, as well as read, each step. With contemporary designs from trendy to classic, each project offers a fresh take on crochet, providing modern patterns for purses, necklaces, belts, dresses, shawls, and more.
Simply Crochet allows you to crochet in more places and is your invitation to gorgeous crochet with a stash-busting twist!Robyn Chachula offers valuable designer advice and stylish crochet projects with a stash-busting twist in Simply Crochet. Robyn's enthusiasm for beautiful crochet coupled with her expert construction skills inspired this collection of patterns for crocheters looking to get maximum use out of their yarn. Inside you'll find 22 cleverly designed one, three, and five skein patterns for creating charming crocheted jewelry, scarves, bags, shawls, socks, vests, skirts, cardigans, jackets, home accessories, and baby friendly items. These patterns - from top designers including Carol Ventura, Tracie Barrett, Kristin Omdahl, and Doris Chan - will help you learn how to maximize the value of your yarn without compromising on style.Also included are designer tips on saving money and getting the most from your yarn stash. Robyn has outlined everything you need to know to decide which stitch choices and stitch patterns to choose in making your yarn go the furthest with any pattern. You'll also find creative ideas for up-cycling vests and tanks into tunics and pullovers with just an additional skein or two of yarn.Simply Crochet offers creative ideas and inventive solutions for resourceful crocheters of all skill levels looking for to get the most out of their yarn.
Unexpected Afghans presents 29 innovative interpretations of a favorite at-home crochet essential. From best-selling author Robyn Chachula comes an in-depth look into crocheting traditional afghans using contemporary techniques, colors, and patterns.Expert designers, including Kristin Omdahl, Kathy Merrick, Kimberly McAlindin, and many more, contribute an abundance of fresh patterns and projects. Both new and advanced crocheters will enjoy:detailed technique workshop in every chapter, including cables, motifs, color, lace, and Tunisian crochet;helpful designer tips for working through each afghan project;easy-to-follow charts and diagrams. Along with beautiful afghan projects for all skill levels, you'll find many of your favorite designers' biographies for an inside look into their inspirations.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.