- Table View
- List View
A guide written just for people who want to spend their days in the mountains and their nights back at home. Day Hike! uncovers the best trails for the day tripper, whether you're a newbie hiker or a veteran with hundreds of miles on your boots. Northwest outdoors expert and Seattle Times's Trail Mix columnist Ron Judd reviews more than 50 of the best day hike trails in the Mount Rainier National Park, from Paradise and Sunrise to the lower foothills. Day Hike! Mount Rainier describes classic routes--from easy to moderate to extreme--giving hikers the choices they want. Entertaining, accurate, and contemporary writing make this guide the one to keep near the water bottles.
Discover the 51 best trails for day hiking around Mount Rainier National Park. This guidebook is the perfect companion for hikers wanting to explore the best views and destinations in and around the national park by day, and spend peaceful evenings at home. Each trail is rated, and range from easy to moderate to extreme, giving newbie hikers or veterans with hundreds of miles on their boots the choices they want. The relaunch of this popular series now includes full-color photographs of every hike in addition to topographical maps, trail descriptions, and more.les.
Ron Judd devotes a chapter to each competitive sport, examining its history, key competitors in past Olympics, the newest athlete contenders, how the sport is played and judged, and more. Anecdotes and fun facts about the Winter Olympics give the reader a true sense of being at the games.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.