- Table View
- List View
This fascinating story begins: "Tell us all about your life in the jungle," they asked me again and again. "I don't think I can," I answered. "It was such a different world -- how can I possibly explain it?" "Well then," said a soft-spoken little friend in the front row, "just tell us some stories." And so I did. Some were funny, some were sad, and some were ... well ... you'll see ... Snell is a marvelous storyteller, and he and his family had plenty of adventures as they worked and grew and lived among the Machiguengas.
The third in the series of the Rani Adventures is filled with more true stories of high pitched tension and hilarious adventure.
In this delightfully written book, Ron continues his memoir. His parents are Wycliffe translators, who live much as the Machiguenga do. Ron spends much of his time with his Peruvian Indian friends, helping with projects, which often leads to fascinating and hilarious adventures. Ron loves this life, and he writes with a warmth and cleverness that makes this book hard to put down. The other books in this series are available from Bookshare.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.