- Table View
- List View
Each new edition of Ronald Comer's Abnormal Psychology has offered a fresh, comprehensive, and exciting presentation of the field, with objective, balanced coverage of a wide range of theories, studies, disorders, and treatments and all major models. Each new edition has also integrated the latest in pedagogical tools and state-of-the-art media for students and instructors. But even by Comer's standards, the new edition of Abnormal Psychology is an exceptional revision that captures the way the field has changed, the world has changed, and students have changed. The beautifully redesigned new edition features more than 2,000 new references from the years 2006-2009; hundreds of new photos, tables, and figures; and expanded coverage of multicultural issues, cognitive theories and treatments, and neuroscience topics. There has never been a text for the course so well-attuned to both the field of abnormal psychology and the wide range of students exploring it.
An inspiring and clearly written graduate textbook with psychology concepts explained in a way easy to comprehend with updates on DSM-5.
This edition has an expanded and updated coverage of Abnormal Psychology that includes key disorders, prevention, recent theories, research, and promotion of mental health.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.