- Table View
- List View
All women have concerns about their body that they are just too embarrassed to mention to their doctor. In "What The Yuck?!" Health Magazine Medical Editor Dr. Roshini Rajapaksa (Dr. Raj) answers them all - from the serious like 'Is it bad that I drank margaritas before I realized I was pregnant?' and 'Could this mole be skin cancer?' to the offbeat like 'Can too many venti lattes (Green Tea latte made with Soy) give you a heart attack?' and 'Why do I get a headache when I eat chocolate cupcakes?' Dr. Raj sheds light on even the most confusing symptoms, telling readers when not to worry, and when to see their doctor. The book also shares insider tips from Dr. Raj, fascinating factoids - such as 'Most women have one breast that's larger than the other' - as well as poll results, so readers can see at a glance how many seemingly-weird body issues are actually healthy and normal. All 205 questions come from real women; they cover everyday health concerns and thoroughly modern conundrums, such as H1N1 (Swine Flu), celebrity diets, and mobile phone dangers. The book is organized by themes such as 'That time of the month' and 'Between the sheets', making it easy to navigate and irresistible to flip through. Sure to be a classic, "What The Yuck?!" is a book women of all ages will want to own.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.