- Table View
- List View
The celebrated Positive Discipline brand of parenting books presents the revised and updated third edition of their readable and practical guide to communicating boundaries to very young children and solving early discipline problems to set children up for success.Over the years millions of parents have used the amazingly effective strategies of Positive Discipline to raise happy, well-behaved, and successful children. Research has shown that the first three years in a child's life are a critical moment in their development, and that behavior patterns instilled during that time can have profound implications for the rest of a child's life. Hundreds of thousands of parents have already used the advice in Positive Discipline: The First Three Years to help set effective boundaries, forge strong foundations for healthy communication, and lay the groundwork for happy and respectful relationships with their young children. Now this classic title has been revised and updated to reflect the latest neuroscientific research and developments in positive discipline parenting techniques.
Positive Discipline: A Teacher's A-Z Guide: Hundreds of Solutions for Almost Every Classroom Behavior Problem!by Jane Nelsen Linda Escobar Kate Ortolano Roslyn Duffy Deborah Owen-Sohocki
Take Back the Classroom and Make a Positive Difference in Your Students' Lives Many teachers today are facing problems and discipline issues they never dreamed of when they decided to become teachers. Combine violence, behavioral disorders, and downright defiant attitudes from students with the age-old problems of bullying, poor attendance, and more, and the mix is positively lethal. However, there are effective, positive strategies for restoring order and turning the teacher-student relationship into one of mutual respect. Applicable to all grade levels, this comprehensive A to Z guide addresses modern-day problems and practical solutions for establishing an effective learning environment. Inside, you'll discover: ·The 17 fundamental tools of positive discipline ·Real-life stories of proven positive discipline strategies ·Suggestions for establishing and maintaining respectful, nurturing relationships with students ·And much more! "Overcome obstacles and get back to why you became a teacher in the first place: to empower students with confidence, self-respect, and resourcefulness. " --Bill Scott,principal, Birney Elementary School, Murietta, Georgia "An inspiring, information-packed book. All teachers--from those just beginning to those with many years of experience--will find the tools of positive discipline easy to use. " --Phillip Harris, Ed. D. ,director, Center for Professional Development and Services, Phi Delta Kappa International
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.