This high school textbook is designed to conform to the syllabus of the Advanced Placement Statistics course. Featuring simplified notation as well as coverage of advanced topics such as multiple regression, the text can be used in quarter or year-long courses. The text begins with an overview of the data analysis process from planning through interpretation of results, and then presents material according to the sequence of the data analysis process, with sections on collecting data and descriptive methods, probability, basic one- and two-sample inferential techniques, and more advanced inferential methodology. Most chapters include a section on interpreting and communicating results. Most exercises and activities involve real data from journal articles and other published sources, highlighting applications in many disciplines, such as college life, leisure and popular culture, medical science, social issues, and sports. A companion website offers graphic calculator instructions, plus data sets and applets for activities. This fourth edition contains 50 new examples and 270 new exercises. About 90 exercises now have video solutions online for download. Peck is affiliated with California Polytechnic State University. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.