- Table View
- List View
Asking why Christianity is unattractive to so many people, this book contrasts a revolutionary Jesus who changed the world with a marginalized church that is being ignored by our culture. And it explores how churches can do a better job of representing Jesus to the world.
What's in a name?...In the case of Jesus Christ, rich insights, fresh perspectives, and pathways to intimacy. From "Good Shepherd" to "Lamb of God," Rubel Shelly explores the various names given to Christ in the Bible and reveals a Christ that will both surprise and challenge you. Shelly, a deeply respected scholar, uses his unique insight and fervent love for the Scriptures to develop a clear and unobstructed picture of Jesus through the biblical names that describe the One who invites the whole world to come to Him. What Shelly discovers and divulges is that these names and titles reveal the ultimate Savior, and the ultimate answer to your greatest struggles, fears, and failures.
It is a popular phrase seen on everything from bracelets to earrings; it is frequently said to those seeking advice -- "What would Jesus do?" But this oft-used expression leaves many seekers more confused than ever. Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could observe the Savior -- firsthand -- as he encountered our modern culture? Wouldn't you like to know how Jesus would respond to today's troubling issues, such as poverty, wealth, sickness, the sexual revolution, and more? In the pages of What Would Jesus Do Today?, two devoted Bible scholars, Mike Cope and Rubel Shelly, lead us through some of our most confusing questions and moral dilemmas and help us learn how Christ would confront contemporary society.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.