- Table View
- List View
This unique book provides clinicians and administrators with a comprehensive understanding of perioperative hemodynamic monitoring and goal directed therapy, emphasizing practical guidance for implementation at the bedside. Successful hemodynamic monitoring and goal directed therapy require a wide range of skills. This book will enable readers to: * Detail the rationale for using perioperative hemodynamic monitoring systems and for applying goal directed therapy protocols at the bedside * Understand the physiological concepts underlying perioperative goal directed therapy for hemodynamic management * Evaluate hemodynamic monitoring systems in clinical practice * Learn about new techniques for achieving goal directed therapy * Apply goal directed therapy protocols in the perioperative environment (including emergency departments, operating rooms and intensive care units) * Demonstrate clinical utility of GDT and hemodynamic optimization using case presentations. Illustrated with diagrams and case examples, this is an important resource for anesthesiologists, emergency physicians, intensivists and pneumonologists as well as nurses and administrative officers.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.