- Table View
- List View
Nationally syndicated radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh has long wanted to make American history come to life for the children of his listeners, so he created the character of a fearless middle-school history teacher named Rush Revere, who travels back in time and experiences American history as it happens, in adventures with exceptional Americans. In this book, he is transported back to the deck of the Mayflower.
Rush Revere rides again! Saddle up with Rush Limbaugh's really good pal for a new time-travel adventure."Whoa there, young historians! Before we go rush, rush, rushing off anywhere, I'd like a moment. I'm Liberty, Rush Revere's loquacious equine companion--his trusty talking horse! Always at the ready to leap from the twenty-first century into America's past, that's me. When he says 'Let's go!' I'm so there. I'm jazzed, I'm psyched, I'm--""Ah, excuse me, Liberty?""Yeah, Rush?""Usually you say 'oh no, not again!' and 'while we're in colonial Boston, can I try the baked beans?'""Okay, fine--you do the talking. I'll just be over here, if you need me...."Well, he's sulking now, but I couldn't be your tour guide across time without Liberty! His name says it all: the freedom we celebrate every July Fourth with fireworks and hot dogs (and maybe some of those baked beans). But how did America get free? How did thirteen newborn colonies tell the British king where he could stick his unfair taxes?Jump into the bustling streets of Boston in 1765, where talk of revolution is growing louder. I said LOUDER. You'll have to SHOUT to be heard over the angry cries of "Down with the king!" and "Repeal the Stamp Act!" that fill the air. You'll meet fierce supporters of liberty like Samuel Adams, Benjamin Franklin, and my idol, Paul Revere, as they fearlessly defy British rule. It's an exciting, dangerous, turbulent, thrilling time to be an American...and exceptional young patriots like you won't want to miss a minute. Let's ride!
Using personal anecdotes, Limbaugh reveals the major influences on his life and views, and blasts off on all the leading issues of our day.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.