- Table View
- List View
Bob Russell, pastor of the 22,112-member Southeast Christian Church in Louisville, Kentucky, and author of When God Builds a Church, presents four powerful principles that will shape and sculpt your personality to be more like Christ's. In this profound book, Russell and his son, Rusty, deliver answers to four problem areas of our personalities that keep us from becoming what God wants us to be. Using biblical studies, contemporary illustrations, and practical teaching, the Russells help us move from being gripy to being grateful, from being filled with worry to being filled with peace, from bitterness to forgiveness and from depression to joy. The material in this book is perfect for small groups, Sunday school classes, or a motivational sermon series. Whether you are a student, teacher, professional, or parent, you will find this book life changing and richly rewarding.
Some people are "prayer plodders": They pray not because prayer comes easy but because they believe in its power. Others are "prayer professionals": they are gifted in the practice of prayer; prayer seems to flow authentically and effectively from their hearts. Whether you are a plodder or a professional, you can be a prayer warrior-one whose prayers are powerful and effectual -- even efficient. The simple message of this book is that prayer works. Even if prayer doesn't always come easily or your prayers aren't always answered as you'd hoped, you will come away from this book convinced that God rewards genuine prayer. Open the pages of this book and see for yourself what happens when God answers prayer!
Can the church truly be the "city on a hill that cannot be hidden" that Jesus talked about in the Sermon on the Mount? Can it grow large enough to attract throngs of seekers and yet be loving enough to care for each individual that comes? Bob Russell, pastor of Southeast Christian Church -- one of the largest and fastest growing churches in America -- says that it most certainly can. But it can only be done when we are submissive to God's will and allow Him to build that church. In the pages of this far-sighted, uncompromising book, Bob Russell and his son Rusty share the ten principles upon which this remarkable church was founded. Throughout the book, you will see God's mighty power at work in a church that began in 1962 with only 50 members and has now grown to over 14,000 and has become a bustling "city on a hill" whose beaming faith powerfully impacts its community and the world. This book shares not only the story of one of the most amazing churches in America but also the story of what your church can become as you follow these ten time-tested principles and allow God to build your church.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.