- Table View
- List View
A parenting specialist and child psychologist helps tackle a headache for parents and kids alike--homework--and gets underachievers back on track.Is your child constantly bored or frustrated at school? Has homework become more of a family crisis than a learning exercise every evening? As any parent of a school-age child can tell you, helping children to achieve at school and get into a good college is a primary concern. Parents are starting to worry about this when their children are still very young, knowing that the work habits and study skills their children develop in elementary school will affect their performance in middle school, high school, and eventually, college. Unfortunately, bad habits on the part of kids and parents can result in poor academic performance and tense parent/child relationships.Now, in Overcoming Underachieving, Dr. Ruth Peters--a trusted child psychologist who has helped thousands of children and their parents solve scholastic problems--tackles kids' academic underachievement head-on, and presents a clear strategy that has worked for her clients and can work for almost all kids who aren't performing as well as they could. With a practical program targeted for parents of children from first through the twelfth grade, this book gives concrete advice about how to:-reward performance-build a child's self-concept-help kids battle apathy-identify common behavioral patterns among parents and children that lead to academic underachievementAs the market is inundated with new study aids and guidebooks and expensive tutors, Dr. Peters's straightforward, strategic plan is a breath of fresh air for parents and children. Overcoming Underachieving is the best tool for helping your kids get the better grades they want and deserve.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.