- Table View
- List View
Discover the truth behind the myths of the Emerald Isle Forget about shamrocks, leprechans, and all that blarney;101 Things You Didn't Know about Irish Historydispels the myths and tells the true story of the Irish. Inside, you'll learn about: Lives of the ancient Celts before the British invasions Famous Irish including Michael Collins, Charles Parnell#151;and Bono! The potato famine and emigration (were there really gangs of New York?) Irish music and dance Complete with an Irish language primer and pronunciation guide,101 Things You Didn't Know about Irish Historyis an informative reference for anyone who loves the Irish.
Packed with historical information and cultural insights, this fascinating guide is your ticket to the past, present, and future of the Emerald Isle.
The magic and mystery of Ireland has been passed down from family to family for generations. This rich history has journeyed across the ocean and lives on in colorful stories told by those who treasure their Irish heritage. From the lives of ancient Celts to the history of Irish stepdancing, this unique and authoritative guide dispels the myths and offers the authentic history of Ireland and sheds light on the true legends of the land. Inside, you'll discover: Who St. Patrick really was The story behind "Sunday Bloody Sunday" Scandals in the Irish Church Coming to America and the real gangs of New York The spooky truth behind Celtic lore Complete with an Irish language primer and pronunciation guide, The Myths, Legends, and Lore of Ireland is your informative pot of gold!
Fáilte! Brew yourself a cuppa and settle in to discover...Why Do People Kiss the Blarney Stone? It's the closest you can feel to the Emerald Isle without boarding a plane! You'll tickle your noggin with spirited questions, including: How did a white bull start a war? What is Brian Boru's connection to Guinness? Why was 1847 known as Black '47? Where does peat come from? What's so special about the Book of Kells? This terrific little tome provides the answers to those questions and many more. With information on Irish history, mythology, and culture, you'll be able to go on and on about anything and everything about The Old Sod.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.