- Table View
- List View
Bartosh, a consultant and trainer specializing in Mac OS X, and Fass, a Mac columnist for Computerworld, offer insight, explanations, and troubleshooting tips on how to use Mac OS X Panther Server tools alongside the Unix command line to manage a Server effectively, in this guide for IT professionals. Chapters are in sections on installation and management, security services, client management, and Internet services. A 30-page appendix introduces directory services.
From the command line to Apple's graphical tools, this book uses a thorough, fundamental approach that leads readers to mastery of every aspect of the server. Full of much-needed insight, clear explanations, troubleshooting tips, and security information in every chapter, the book shows system administrators how to utilize the software's capabilities and features for their individual needs. Some of the topics covered in detail include: Installation Deployment Server management Directory services Web application services System interaction Data gathering Stress planning This comprehensive guide also takes the time to carefully highlight and analyze the differences between Mac OS X and the other server platforms. Whether you're a seasoned Unix or Windows administrator or a long-time Mac professional, Essential Mac OS X Panther Server Administration provides you with the depth you're seeking to maximize the potential of your Mac OS X Panther Server.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.