- Table View
- List View
Rosenbaum (philosophy, Cleveland State U. ) presents 17 papers that explore the question of the uniqueness of the Jewish Holocaust in comparison to other examples of genocide or mass death and the implications of different perspectives on whether the Holocaust is unique. New to this third edition are essays addressing common themes in the genocidal ideologies of Hitler, Cambodia's Pol Pot, and the Rwandan Hutu perpetrators of genocide against the Tutsis; Holocaust denial in Iran; and the Holocaust, Rwanda, and the category of genocide. Papers placing the Jewish Holocaust in historical comparison with the experiences of the Roma at the hands of the Nazis, the Atlantic slave trade, the Armenian genocide, Stalinist terror, and Japanese World War II atrocities have been retained, as have discussions on treatments of the question of Holocaust uniqueness among German historians, the politics of genocide scholarship, and legal and moral implications of the question of Holocaust uniqueness. Annotation ©2009 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.