One day, a poor flower seller drops his leftover flowers into the sea as a gift for the Dragon King. What does he get in return? A little snot-nosed boy--with the power to grant wishes! Soon the flower seller is rich, but when he forgets the meaning of "thank you," he loses everything once again. "You just can't help some humans," say the snot-nosed little boy and the Dragon King.
Zack is on the go in this adorable book that celebrates the many ways in which young children get from one place to the next. As he grows from six months to six years old, we see Zack crawl, cruise, toddle, climb, walk, and run-right up to the day when he boards a school bus for the first time!
HEAR YE! HEAR YE! COMMENCING THIS DAY, LIBERTY SCHOOL SHALL FIRE UP WITH READING! Patty Lee desperately wants to be the top reader in the fourth grade and earn the right to wear the dragon costume in the Read Across America Day parade--but will Carmen Rosa Pena read her out of the running? The race is on as Patty Lee devours books, read-alouds, and audiobooks. But with Carmen in the lead, Patty Lee turns to Mrs. Skorupski for a new plan that just might put her at the top. In this second Mrs. Skorupski story the quirky, heavily accessorized school librarian inspires students to expand their reading experiences, cheering them on with her signature "Okily dokily." Join the excitement as everyone gets fired up with reading!
This vibrant collection of twenty-one poems celebrates the joys (snack time!) and pitfalls (2 + 2 = 23?) of childhood. Brod Bagert's often silly, always winsome poems cover everything from the seasons and the stars to finger paint and kids who quack. With humor and warmth, Shout! shows us there's fun in work and play, poetry in everything, and a million different uses for ketchup. Kids are sure to shout for a reread.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.