- Table View
- List View
A current of longing runs through twenty-two short stories by Oregon writers. As the characters strive for connection, they make mistakes, reach out to the wrong people, and recalibrate their lives based on what they desire, whether or not it's attainable-or even a good idea. Editor Liz Prato has curated a powerful collection of smart, funny, sad, and exquisite stories about the losses that shape our lives.
Take Control of Your Writing Life! The creative process can be treacherous, even for the most experienced writer. Facing the blank page, staying inspired, sustaining momentum, managing competing priorities and coping with rejection are just a few of the challenges writers face regularly. The Productive Writer is your guide to learning the systems, strategies and psychology that can help you transform possibilities into probabilities in your writing life. You'll sharpen your productivity pencil by learning how to: Set clear goals-and achieve them Create a writing schedule that really works Discover what keeps you writing, revising, and submitting Carve out writing time amidst the demands of work and family Weed out habits and attitudes that are not serving you Organize your thinking, workspace, papers and files Increase your odds of publication and prosperity Use social media to build an author platform Get comfortable going public and promoting your writing Create a sustainable writing rhythm and lifestyle Accomplish what matters most to you Create the writing life you most desire. The Productive Writer will help take you there.
Teacher, poet, business woman, and blogger Cohen presents an encouraging and galvanizing guide to productive writing. She provides copious exercises to bolster writing output as well as solutions to common problems faced by writers. Topics covered include thinking positive thoughts, embracing fear, and writing in the margins of a full-time life. The text includes inspirational quotes from the famous and snippets of easily remembered advice. The blocked or beginning writer is sure to find many helpful hints. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.