- Table View
- List View
The Atria Summer 2013 Beach-Read Bag: A free collection of thirteen excerpts from novels by some of our favorite writers.There's nothing that goes better with beach season than a delicious novel. With that in mind, we present Atria's Summer 2013 Beach-Read Bag: a free collection of 13 excerpts from novels by some of our favorite writers. Selections include: The Secret Keeper by Kate MortonThe Daughters of Mars by Thomas KeneallyThe Edge of the Earth by Christina SchwartzFive Days by Douglas KennedyChildren of the Jacaranda Tree by Sahar DelijaniThe Sea of Tranquility by Katja MillayForever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins ReidGolden Boy by Abigail TarttelinThe Lavender Garden by Lucinda RileyWith All My Love by Patricia ScanlonThe Mouse-Proof Kitchen by Saira ShahThe Longings of Wayward Girls by Karen BrownWaiting for Jules by Tamara N. Houston No matter whether you're on a plane traveling to your getaway destination or on your couch planted firmly in front of the air conditioner, we've got a great story guaranteed to whisk you away on a reading vacation.
A deeply moving debut novel about a couple's struggle to love and accept their disabled child and keep their family together.Anna is a planner. So when she discovers she's pregnant, she prepares for a perfect new life in Provençe, France, with her perfect new baby-to-be. Anna's partner, the easy-going Tobias, shouldn't have too much difficulty tagging along--after all, he's a musician who rarely starts his day before noon. But all that changes when their baby is born severely disabled. Anna, Tobias, and their daughter, Freya, end up in a rickety, rodent-infested farmhouse in a remote town in France--far from the mansion in Provençe they had imagined. Little do they know that this is the beginning of what will become an incredible journey of the heart--one during which they learn there really is no such thing as a mouse-proof kitchen. Life is messy, and it's the messy bits that make it count. ways.
After a childhood in rural Kent spent listening to her father's stories of a magical and exotic Afghanistan, Saira Shah set out to discover this wonderful, shattered land for herself. The truths she learned about the people she belonged to and about herself shocked the westerner she is, yet spoke to the eastern woman she was never allowed to be.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.