- Table View
- List View
The Atria Summer 2013 Beach-Read Bag: A free collection of thirteen excerpts from novels by some of our favorite writers.There's nothing that goes better with beach season than a delicious novel. With that in mind, we present Atria's Summer 2013 Beach-Read Bag: a free collection of 13 excerpts from novels by some of our favorite writers. Selections include: The Secret Keeper by Kate MortonThe Daughters of Mars by Thomas KeneallyThe Edge of the Earth by Christina SchwartzFive Days by Douglas KennedyChildren of the Jacaranda Tree by Sahar DelijaniThe Sea of Tranquility by Katja MillayForever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins ReidGolden Boy by Abigail TarttelinThe Lavender Garden by Lucinda RileyWith All My Love by Patricia ScanlonThe Mouse-Proof Kitchen by Saira ShahThe Longings of Wayward Girls by Karen BrownWaiting for Jules by Tamara N. Houston No matter whether you're on a plane traveling to your getaway destination or on your couch planted firmly in front of the air conditioner, we've got a great story guaranteed to whisk you away on a reading vacation.
A deeply moving debut novel about a couple's struggle to love and accept their disabled child and keep their family together.Anna is a planner. So when she discovers she's pregnant, she prepares for a perfect new life in Provençe, France, with her perfect new baby-to-be. Anna's partner, the easy-going Tobias, shouldn't have too much difficulty tagging along--after all, he's a musician who rarely starts his day before noon. But all that changes when their baby is born severely disabled. Anna, Tobias, and their daughter, Freya, end up in a rickety, rodent-infested farmhouse in a remote town in France--far from the mansion in Provençe they had imagined. Little do they know that this is the beginning of what will become an incredible journey of the heart--one during which they learn there really is no such thing as a mouse-proof kitchen. Life is messy, and it's the messy bits that make it count. ways.
After a childhood in rural Kent spent listening to her father's stories of a magical and exotic Afghanistan, Saira Shah set out to discover this wonderful, shattered land for herself. The truths she learned about the people she belonged to and about herself shocked the westerner she is, yet spoke to the eastern woman she was never allowed to be.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.