- Table View
- List View
It's never too early to share the joy of learning with a child! Sally Goldberg gives parents the tools to provide such rewarding experiences in an organized, fun way with this special book. Here are more than fifty entertaining activities to enjoy with very young children, with instructions for making the toys needed for play. Baby and Toddler Learning Fun also provides smart tips for enriching the home environment in other ways for baby's learning. As children grow, the activities can be easily adapted so they remain as much fun for a toddler as for an infant. It's quick and inexpensive to make the toys out of the stuff infants and toddlers already enjoy looking at or handling-plastic containers, stiff paper, brightly colored scraps of material, and other household items. This hands-on book not only helps parents teach babies important concepts about colors, shapes, letters, and numbers, but also brings parent and child closer through engaging playtimes. The activities aren't to be used as drills but rather as part of dynamic play that parent and child will enjoy. Charts help parents keep track of concepts as they are introduced. The activities are equally appropriate for children with learning delays.
Nearly 90% of all brain growth occurs in the first five years of life. Parents can capitalize on this impressionable time by improving and varying the sights, sounds, and smells in a child's immediate surroundings. With this eminently practical guide in hand, parents can actively promote the motor, cognitive, and social skills that will make a difference in a child's readiness for formal, academic learning later on. Ideal for busy parents, Make Your Own Preschool Games describes quick and inexpensive-to-make activities that can be assembled from materials found at home--paper cups, bottle caps, clothespins, magazines, shoeboxes, and grocery bags. Designed to be used as part of dynamic play, these games will help expand a child's math, science, art, music, language, reading, and writing knowledge while providing the necessary and fun one-on-one bonding time that every child craves with her parents.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.