On September 23, 2000, Adam Taliaferro had a lot going for him. He was a promising young football player on a full scholarship at Perm State University who seemed to have a career in the NFL in front of him. But after a jarring hit on an Ohio State running back, he woke up flat on his back in a hospital, unable to feel anything below his neck. His doctors said he would probably never walk again. Determined to prove those doctors wrong, Adam and his family embarked on a courageous journey of determination and faith that would end with Adam walking on his own two feet once again. Miracle in the Making is the remarkable story of that courageous achievement over incredibly long odds. It's the story of a recovery called miraculous by his doctors-a story of tragedy and triumph, of hope and inspiration, and a story that will remain with the reader long after the final page is turned.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.