- Table View
- List View
Faerie princess Alida and Gavin, the human boy who helped her escape from Lord Dunraven's castle, are desperate to find Alida's family, now living in a hidden place where the banished faerie community has resettled. Alida and Gavin's friendship grows stronger as they face cold and rain and the constant threat of Lord Dunraven's guards. But now that Alida's escape has put the fragile peace between Lord Dunraven and the faeries in jeopardy, will her family welcome her back?
In simultaneous hardcover and paperback editions, the final book in a four-book chapter book series, a companion to The Unicorn's Secret. The faeries have returned to their beloved meadow near the village of Ash Grove. Winter is coming and they are working hard to prepare for the storms--and to stay hidden. Alida saved the villagers' crops from Lord Dunraven's greed, but now the people of Ash Grove know that the faeries have returned. Will they tell Lord Dunraven's guards? The faeries live in fear of being discovered and Alida wants desperately to find a way to make her family safer. Then a frightening accident in the woods outside Ash Grove brings even more danger, and an opportunity for Alida to forge a friendship that could change the faeries' lives forever. The risk is terrible--Alida can only follow her heart.
Unicorns are now free, but other magical folk are still in hiding--except for one faerie, Alida, who is a prisoner in Lord Dunraven's castle. That is, until she escapes and a fierce struggle begins. Alida fights to free the faeries from the terrible promise they were forced to make to Lord Dunraven--but Lord Dunraven is desperate to continue denying his people the hope they derive from the existence of magical beings.
Princess Alida has escaped Lord Dunraven's castle and defied his law to find her exiled faerie family. Using new magic to protect themselves, Alida and her family make the dangerous journey home, back to their beloved meadow near the human village of Ash Grove. When Dunraven's greed threatens the villagers with starvation, Alida wants to help them. But if Lord Dunraven's guards find out that fairies are helping humans, her family will be in terrible danger....
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.