- Table View
- List View
Faerie princess Alida and Gavin, the human boy who helped her escape from Lord Dunraven's castle, are desperate to find Alida's family, now living in a hidden place where the banished faerie community has resettled. Alida and Gavin's friendship grows stronger as they face cold and rain and the constant threat of Lord Dunraven's guards. But now that Alida's escape has put the fragile peace between Lord Dunraven and the faeries in jeopardy, will her family welcome her back?
In simultaneous hardcover and paperback editions, the final book in a four-book chapter book series, a companion to The Unicorn's Secret. The faeries have returned to their beloved meadow near the village of Ash Grove. Winter is coming and they are working hard to prepare for the storms--and to stay hidden. Alida saved the villagers' crops from Lord Dunraven's greed, but now the people of Ash Grove know that the faeries have returned. Will they tell Lord Dunraven's guards? The faeries live in fear of being discovered and Alida wants desperately to find a way to make her family safer. Then a frightening accident in the woods outside Ash Grove brings even more danger, and an opportunity for Alida to forge a friendship that could change the faeries' lives forever. The risk is terrible--Alida can only follow her heart.
Unicorns are now free, but other magical folk are still in hiding--except for one faerie, Alida, who is a prisoner in Lord Dunraven's castle. That is, until she escapes and a fierce struggle begins. Alida fights to free the faeries from the terrible promise they were forced to make to Lord Dunraven--but Lord Dunraven is desperate to continue denying his people the hope they derive from the existence of magical beings.
Princess Alida has escaped Lord Dunraven's castle and defied his law to find her exiled faerie family. Using new magic to protect themselves, Alida and her family make the dangerous journey home, back to their beloved meadow near the human village of Ash Grove. When Dunraven's greed threatens the villagers with starvation, Alida wants to help them. But if Lord Dunraven's guards find out that fairies are helping humans, her family will be in terrible danger....
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.