- Table View
- List View
Recycle, Reuse, Reinvent! With Mixed Media Revolution, you'll learn how to leverage your art and take your paintings and transfers to the next level! Leftovers, little bits and scraps, pieces of art that didn't turn out quite right...we all have them. And it hurts to have to throw them away. But what if someone could suggest another way? Another way, perhaps, to get one more use out of that transparency. Or cut up a piece of art and put it back together differently. Or use leftover paint to create one-of-a-kind transfers? Darlene Olivia McElroy and Sandra Duran Wilson, in their groundbreaking third book, will show you how to do all those things and more! Inside You'll Find: 10 themed chapters More than 50 fully stepped-out, photographic mixed media techniques More than 80 additional fast and easy techniques Dozens of troubleshooting tips and variations More than 70 big, beautiful finished pieces of art illustrating the techniques Links to online bonus content You'll find something new and exciting on every page--add Mixed Media Revolution to your creative toolbox and expand your artistic horizons today!
Breaking the SurfacePondering how to begin a new piece of art? Surface Treatment Workshop has the answer! The authors of Image Transfer Workshop are back to show you 45 stepped-out mixed-media techniques that will add depth and texture to your artwork. These techniques are the perfect jump-off point for creating art you will love to look at, and, in some cases, touch!In this comprehensive guide, you'll find:45 techniques. Exciting new applications such as the use of WonderUnder, pulled paper and plaster-dipped gauze will provide you with fresh ideas - many previously unpublished. Multiple variations. Each technique features swatches and descriptions to take the techniques in multiple directions with multiple mixed-media products. Inspirational style. Fully stepped-out projects from two artists will show you how to combine the techniques into finished works of art that can go in any artistic style. Take Surface Treatment Workshop with you on your artistic journey for beautiful beginnings.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.