- Table View
- List View
The "devil's bargain" made by brilliant embryologist Tim Sullivan before his suspicious death has stirred up a boiling cauldron of greed, ambition, and intrigue. Now infected by a deadly biological agent, Dr. Ben McKay fights for his life. Could high-risk experimental procedures save him? A timely look at the dark side of biomedical research, this heart-pounding thriller will keep you reading from first page to last.
After a woman is rushed to the ER in shock from massive blood loss, second-year medical resident Julien "Red" Richison becomes suspicious about the procedures being practiced at the nearby "VIP" abortion clinic. Soon, with the help of Bethany Fabrazio, director of a pro-life women's clinic, Red finds himself investigating what goes on behind closed doors at VIP. But what Bethany and Red don't know is that some VIP doctors will stop at nothing to keep their secrets under wraps-even if it means taking Red's life. Addressing with sensitivity and conviction some of the most crucial moral, ethical, medical and spiritual issues of our time-including sanctity of life, bio-ethics, RU-486, ectopic pregnancy, in vitro fertilization, abortion, fetal tissue research, post-abortion emotional and spiritual recovery-False Positivetake readers on a fast-paced thrill-ride ride and bring them face-to-face with the inseparable miracles of God's forgiveness and grace.
Dr. Jeremy Cramer is a young doctor on the verge of a cutting-edge medical discovery. But his research is derailed when Cramer's son is infected with a rare fatal disease. Now as he races against time to save his child's life, Cramer will make a decision that could shatter his career. Informed Consent is a pulse-pounding medical thriller that complements the current popularity of hospital dramas. With non-stop suspense, snappy dialogue, and witty humor, author Sandra Glahn takes a look at some of today's hot-button issues through this provocative story.
The present and the future collide in this riveting medical thriller torn from today's headlines. Personal faith is forced to confront a lethal combination of blind ambition, scientific risk, and political intrigue. Guaranteed fiction!
One in six Americans of childbearing age experience infertility problems which lead to further struggles, including stress, sexual difficulties, marital discord, and a disturbing uncertainty about the future. Sandra Glahn knows these issues far too well and has teamed with medical specialist Dr. William Cutrer to reissue an updated edition of their trusted resource for couples struggling to have children.While focusing on the emotional and spiritual struggles that accompany infertility, Glahn and Cutrer also provide detailed information on associated medical issues and fertility treatments and alternatives. Questions at the end of each chapter and lists for recommended reading promote further discussion while case histories and personal testimonies make the facts relatable. With a sensitive touch and trusted advice, Glahn and Cutrer offer encouragement and hope for couples struggling with infertility.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.