- Table View
- List View
Cataract surgery is one of the most frequently performed procedure in the United States, and cataracts are a leading cause of visual impairment in the world. Glaucoma is also a very common eye disease with an expected 3.3 million Americans afflicted with primary open angle glaucoma by 2020. The coexistence of these two diseases is not uncommon and management of a cataract can have significant impact on the glaucoma status of a patient. Cataract surgery textbooks may have one chapter dedicated to the management of cataract with coexistent glaucoma. Likewise, a typical glaucoma surgical text dedicates one chapter to the management of these two diseases concurrently. This book will focus on the treatment of cataract in the setting of glaucoma, using an evidence-based medicine approach. Managing cataracts to the best advantage of the glaucoma should result in the best visual outcomes for patients. It should be a wonderful resource for general ophthalmologists and residents as well as glaucoma fellows.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.