- Table View
- List View
Cataract surgery is one of the most frequently performed procedure in the United States, and cataracts are a leading cause of visual impairment in the world. Glaucoma is also a very common eye disease with an expected 3.3 million Americans afflicted with primary open angle glaucoma by 2020. The coexistence of these two diseases is not uncommon and management of a cataract can have significant impact on the glaucoma status of a patient. Cataract surgery textbooks may have one chapter dedicated to the management of cataract with coexistent glaucoma. Likewise, a typical glaucoma surgical text dedicates one chapter to the management of these two diseases concurrently. This book will focus on the treatment of cataract in the setting of glaucoma, using an evidence-based medicine approach. Managing cataracts to the best advantage of the glaucoma should result in the best visual outcomes for patients. It should be a wonderful resource for general ophthalmologists and residents as well as glaucoma fellows.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.