- Table View
- List View
BArbour republishes for favorite Christmas short novels in this anthology for 2005: Strawberry Angel by Pamela Griffin: Noelle accidentally dyes her hair a shocking strawberry pink, which is the catalyst that brings two adorable homeless children and their sick mother into her life. It also reunites her with Todd, her high school crush. With Christmas coming, Todd helps Noelle build a set and direct rehearsals for a play at the women's shelter where she volunteers. Can this strawberry Christmas" be one to remember? Angel Charm by Tamela Hancock Murray: Charm school owner Lydia Winters is known as one of the most engaging woman at her church. Yet despite her prayers, the Lord hasnt seen fit to send her a godly husband. But when her high school sweetheart Drake Kingston, now a widower with a rebellious daughter in tow, returns to town, can the flame reignite with the help of a child's crafted angel? Or will Lydia once again discover she shouldn't play with fire? Angel on the Doorstep by Sandra Petit: Finding a stray crocheted angel gives Moira Sullivan the idea to make some angels of her own, which she delivers anonymously to every person on the hard working staff at First Christian Church. When Joe Corrigan discovers Moira is the secret gift giver, he coerces her into letting him help with the project. Will this forced togetherness bring them closer together or farther apart? An Angel for Everyone by Gail Sattler: Kim is pleased with the beaded angel ornaments she's made as party favors for the church's annual Christmas party until Trent points out that there won't be 30 people attending, but 300. When the shock wears off and Trent offers to help make more, Kim doesn't know whether to be happy or terrified. She's tried to get Trent's attention for years, but He's never taken her seriously. Will his participation now make things better or worse?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.