- Table View
- List View
Reporter genes have been used for several decades to study regulation of gene expression in vivo. However, it was little more than a decade ago that a new class of reporter genes was developed for imaging molecular events within living subjects. By following the interactions of protein molecules, researchers can resolve the complex chemical pathways that living cells utilise. This book focuses on this group of imaging reporter genes, starting with detailed descriptions of all reporter genes from different imaging modalities, including optical, MRI, and radionuclide-based imaging. Key scientists in the field explain how to enhance reporter gene imaging utility through instrumentation and the various applications of this technology. This is the first comprehensive book on all aspects of reporter gene imaging, detailing what is known in the field and future goals for research. Investigators in biomedical sciences, physicians, and the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries will benefit from topics covered.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.