- Table View
- List View
Restlessness is your first clue. Discontent can creep into your life, making you feel uncomfortable, as if sitting too long in a cramped space. It can make you grumpy and put you in a bad mood. It can dampen your spirit and make you feel sluggish, dissociated, and disinterested. Yet you can use it to change your life. Instructions for Your Discontent is an inspiring guide to making discontent the driving force for change in your life. A practical handbook for using bad times to make life better, Instructions for Your Discontent deals with the feeling that we all have from time to time: something is wrong, but we don't know quite what it is. Supportive and refreshingly honest, Barrie Dolnick, author of the extremely successful Simple Spells books, identifies that feeling as discontent and urges us to respect it, rather than ignore it. Discontent is an intensely creative state, she says. It nags and pokes us to get ourselves going and to accomplish what we really want in life. It's trying to tell us something and we need to listen. Covering all aspects of life, Instructions for Your Discontent explores relationships, love, jobs, money, family, self-worth, anger, and time. This captivating and thought-provoking book provides creative and sensible instructions to guide you through the challenges, anxieties, and fears that interrupt your life and cause you unhappiness. Instructions for Your Discontent offers accessible, intelligent advice for weeding through the downers and moving beyond a life that is just okay. Enjoy examining your discontent and being happy again.
The Authentic Journey Continues -- for Women to Understand Men, and for Men to Understand Themselves.
"When money is plentiful, this is a man's world. When money is scarce, it is a woman's world." Unearthed in a 1932 Ladies Home Journal, this quote is the call to arms that begins PEACE AND PLENTY, Sarah Ban Breathnach's answer to the world's-- and her own personal-- financial crisis. As only Ban Breathnach can, she culls together this compendium of advice, deeply personal anecdotes, and excerpts from magazines, books, and newspapers-- particularly those of the Great Depression-- to inspire readers who are mired in today's financial difficulties. Focusing on her own personal path, Sarah Ban Breathnach will relate never-before revealed details about how she fell from the financial top to the bottom. Readers will immediately see how deeply she understands the plight of those trying to maintain a happy and comfortable home, while at the same time not even knowing if they will be able to make the mortgage to keep that home. Sarah has proved to be the voice of comfort for years to women who are spiritually bankrupt, and now she will reach to those who are financially strapped, showing them how to pull themselves out of their psychic and fiscal crises while providing deep comfort and reassurance throughout.
A workbook based on the author's popular workshops.
A year of brief daily meditations for women, covering everything from spirituality to fashion to stress-management, to food and home decorating.
From the author of the bestselling "Simple Abundance" comes a provocative and powerful life "bible" for women around the world. In this insightful and eloquent book, Sarah Ban Breathnach explores the nine stages necessary to living authentically: Sensing, Surviving, Settling, Stumbling, Selling Out, Starting Over, Searching, Striving, and finally, Something More.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.