- Table View
- List View
For the fastest-growing segment of our population, here is a comprehensive guide to starting and running a home-based business in midlife and retirement. A baby boomer turns fifty every seven seconds, creating what will soon be the largest and most influential senior generation in history. These dynamic seniors have both a desire and a need to continue their working lives past the age when their parents retired. Boomers have been the primary buyers of more than one million self-employment guides by Paul and Sarah Edwards-and they now have the perfect handbook to take them into the second half of life. The Best Home Businesses for People 50+ features seventy comprehensive profiles that show how to select, start, run, and build a home-based business suited to the needs, talents, and ideals of the over-fifty generation. Each business listing-for careers ranging in diversity from Makeup Artist to Tax Preparer to Information Broker-addresses the concerns of boomers and seniors, including: - Businesses that people 50+ can continue working in for 10-15 years. - Businesses that supplement your retirement income. - Businesses adaptable to a wide variety of locations. - Businesses with flexible hours to allow for family, travel, and other priorities. - Businesses suited to a broad range of health and wellness needs. Profiles of successful business owners and a treasury of online and easy-to-access resources round out The Best Home Businesses for People 50+ to create an indispensable resource for this new generation of career-oriented seniors. .
Is your career path unclear? Are you stuck in a job you hate? Don't worry! Now revised and updated, this friendly guide helps you think outside the box and find a job you'll actually like. Written by a trio of renowned job- counseling experts, it's like having your very own dream team of career coaches! Marty Nemko has career coached 1,600 clients. His column appears in the classified section of the LA. Times and on Monster.com. Paul and Sarah Edwards career and self-employment books have sold over 1 million copies. Discover how to: *Locate and land terrific jobs *Get the training you need *Locate jobs, even if you hate networking *Become an employer's #1 job candidate *Make a humdrum job better.
Expert tips and advice on starting a home-based businessStarting your own home-based business is a great way to supplement your income in these tough economic times. With thirty percent new and revised material, Home-Based Business For Dummies, 3rd Edition gives you the most current and up-to-date information you need to navigate your way through the whole process.You'll get trusted and creative advice on how to start being your own boss, bringing in a steady paycheck, and running a business you'll enjoy.Complete coverage of legal and financial aspects of a home-based businessEffective advertising and promotional strategies that won't break the bankTips and information you need to make your business profitableAdvice on outfitting and running a home office Whether you've been affected by downsizing in these uncertain times or are just looking to earn some extra cash, Home-Based Business For Dummies, 3rd Edition shows you how to avoid scams and truly start working from home for profit.
Success on the baseball diamond has always been a part of Kevin Brown's career, dating back to his All-American college baseball days. Sarah Edwards details the life of the All-Star pitcher expected to play a major part in the Los Angeles Dodgers' return to glory. Brown's hard work and determination have brought him to the pinnacle of professional sports, including winning the 1997 World Series as a member of the Florida Marlins.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.