- Table View
- List View
Everything you need to train a puppy <P><P> Bringing home a puppy? This fun, friendly guide to puppies prepares you for this tough but terrific time. From the basics of puppy training--housebreaking, feeding, crating--to the latest on doggie day care, traveling with a puppy, and the new designer breeds, you'll get everything you need to help your puppy grow up to be a healthy, playful, well-mannered dog. In this new edition, noted authority Sarah Hodgson offers trusted information on caring for a new puppy, including the newest dog training tools and gadgets, the best treats and dog food suppliers, and new insight into positive reinforcement training. Everything you need to start out right from day one Trusted and proven advice from an authority The latest information on positive reinforcement training Includes a completely new 8-page color insert If you're one of the lucky people getting ready to bring home a canine kid, this fun, informative guide gives you everything you need to smoothly integrate a puppy into your life and home.<P> Advisory: Bookshare has learned that this book offers only partial accessibility. We have kept it in the collection because it is useful for some of our members. To explore further access options with us, please contact us through the Book Quality link on the right sidebar. Benetech is actively working on projects to improve accessibility issues such as these.
If you're feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of getting a dog or nervous about caring for the one you've already brought home, now you can relax. Understanding Your Dog for Dummies helps you recognize not only why your dog behaves the way she does, but in a way that enables you to parlay that into a well-behaved companion who listens (and sits, and speaks, and comes, etc.). Whether your pooch is a mixed breed or purebred, she has a distinct identity that makes her unique. The first step in understanding your dog is to respect the honorable task she was originally bred for and to identify how these inbred impulses influence her personality and behavior. In essence, you need to speak her language if you expect her to learn to understand yours. Understanding Your Dog for Dummies gives you everything you need to learn to understand your pooch's unique dialect of "Doglish"-and shows you how to take on the role as pack leader to give your dog the cues, guidance, and consistency she needs to shape and develop good behaviors. Inside you'll discover how to: Read your dog's body language, communicate with your dog, interpret your dog's breed-specific traits, correct dog-behavior-gone-bad, counter anxiety-based behavior, understand and resolve aggressive behavior, and so much more! Think of this book as Doglish 101--a prerequisite for every human member of your dog's family. Now, let the training begin!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.