- Table View
- List View
Cellular and Molecular Pathology of the Liver is extensive, complex and ranges from the understanding the basic molecular mechanisms that dictate everything from liver homeostasis to liver disease. Molecular Pathology of the liver is complicated due to some of the important functions inherent and unique to the Liver, including its innate ability to regenerate and the multitude of functions it plays for the wellbeing of an organism. With all this in mind, Molecular Pathology of Liver Diseases is organized in different sections, which will coherently and cohesively present the molecular basis of hepatic physiology and pathology. The first two sections are key to understanding the liver anatomy and physiology at a cellular level and go on to define the molecular mechanics in various liver cell types. These sections also cover the existing paradigms in liver development, regeneration and growth. The next section is key to understanding the Molecular Pathology unique to liver diseases and associated phenotypes. The final sections are geared towards the existing knowledge of the molecular basis of many common and uncommon liver diseases in both neoplastic and non-neoplastic areas including pathologies associated with intra-hepatic and extra-hepatic biliary tree. Thus, this textbook is a one-stop reference for comprehending the molecular mechanisms of hepatic pathobiology. It is clearly unique in its format, readability and information and thus will be an asset to many in the field of Pathology and other disciplines.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.