- Table View
- List View
Ten simple steps you can take to protect yourself or your family from the fastest growing crime in America. What to do now to safeguard your bank accounts, online presence, credit record and more from the horror and financial damage of identity theft. An identity theft is stolen every four seconds in the U.S., while the Federal Trade Commission reports that more than eight million people (a growing number of which are children) are victims of identity theft every year ñ with resulting losses of more than $15 billion, annually. Written by a national expert on identity theft and Founder of TrustedID, a leading provider of comprehensive identity theft solutions, this book gets right to the point, offering action-oriented advice designed to prevent identity theft. Find out why shopping in stores can be more dangerous than shopping online. Spot scammers, like telephone "surveyors" asking about your pet's name hoping it's the password to your online accounts. Discover how to do online social networking without getting conned by a fake ìfriend.î Understand the latest identity theft tricks, like phishing, pharming, and skimming. Learn why old-fashioned checks can the riskiest way to pay for something. Protect yourself while traveling abroad. Stopping Identity Theft offers a ten-step program that covers medical identity theft, the safeguarding of accounts and personal and public records, safe storage and disposal of personal information, and more ñ including how to be an informed identity theft victim if you should become one. Another in the bestselling USA TODAY/Nolo series of books, Stopping Identity Theft addresses this timely topic ñ its past, present and future ñ by combining legal expertise with engaging inside tips, stories and graphics.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.