- Table View
- List View
When Homicide Detective Jacob Striker discovers a torture chamber in a steel barn down by the river, he is propelled into an investigation that leads to two mysterious bombers. Every few hours, another victim is targeted, located - and then blown to smithereens. Very quickly, Striker realizes the attacks are not random. But one obvious question remains: Why? With people dying at an alarming rate, Striker desperately searches for an answer to this question. When he discovers it, a stark coldness fills him. For he begins to understand. The reason leads back to a police file that is now ten years old. To a dark and dangerous place across the seas. And to one of Striker's oldest mentors and dearest friends. With time running out, Striker must catch the two bombers before they finish the job and complete their kill list. Otherwise there will be little left for Jacob Striker to save. Little left, but dust and bones.
When Homicide Detective Jacob Striker discovers that a string of recent suicides might actually be covered-up murders, his investigation quickly leads him to the Riverglen Mental Health Facility. The victims were all patients from the support group overseen by psychologist Dr. Erich Ostermann. And when Striker discovers Larisa Logan--a dear friend of his and patient of Ostermann--has gone missing, his investigation goes into overdrive. Time is running out. And the evidence tells him one very important fact: that Larisa knows something about the murders. Even worse, she is trapped. She can't return to the hospital because her own life is in danger. Larisa's only chance for living is to escape. Racing against time and a chilling adversary, Striker searches desperately for Larisa. It is a dangerous game they play. Where one right step can catapult you to a place of dominance - and one wrong step can leave you sliding to your doom. 'It is a game of psychopaths. It isSnakes & Ladders.
It's every cop's worst nightmare. Especially when his daughter's in the line of fire. In his first hour back from a six-month leave of absence, Detective Jacob Striker's day quickly turns into a nightmare. He is barely on scene five minutes at his daughter's high school when he encounters an Active Shooter situation. Three men wearing hockey masks - Black, White, and Red - have stormed the school with firearms and are killing indiscriminately. Striker takes immediate action. Within minutes two of the gunmen are dead, and Striker is close to ending the violence. But then the last gunman, Red Mask, does something unexpected. He runs up to his fallen comrade, racks the shotgun, and unloads five rounds, obliterating the man's face and hands. And before Striker can react, Red Mask escapes. Against the clock, Striker investigates the killings for which there is no known motive and no known suspect. Soon his investigation takes him to darker places, and he realizes that not everything at Saint Patrick's High is as it seems. The closer he gets to the truth, the more dangerous his world becomes. Until Striker himself is in the line of fire. And the violence follows him home . . .
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.