- Table View
- List View
The alligator family races through the alphabet. "U usually upside down [illustration: Papa and Boy are standing on their hands and heads]" A fun book for kids and adults to read together. This file should make an excellent embossed braille copy.
"In August it will be so hot I will become a cooking pot cooking soup of course. Why not? Cooking once cooking twice cooking chicken soup with rice. ..."
Originally published in 1929, Erich Kästner's engaging tale has delighted readers young and old for generations. It's Emil's first train ride alone and he's excited--and a little nervous. On the train, his fellow passengers are impressed with how polite and grown-up Emil is, and the man in the bowler hat offers him some chocolate--but Emil keeps checking his coat pocket, where he's pinned the money that he is taking to his grandmother. Soon, though, Emil finds himself getting sleepy . . . and the next thing he knows, the man in the bowler hat is gone-- and so is the money! With the help of some new friends Emil becomes a detective and tracks the thief through the city. Filled with enduring themes of leadership, courage, and teamwork, and the delightful illustrations of Walter Trier, Emil and the Detectives is a rollicking, heartwarming tale come alive.
Originally published in 1929, Erich Kastner's engaging tale has delighted readers young and old, for generations. It's Emil's first train ride alone and he's excited, and a little nervous. On the train, his fellow passengers are impressed with how polite and grown-up Emil is, and the man in the bowler hat offers him some chocolate--but Emil keeps checking his coat pocket, where he's pinned the money that he is taking to his grandmother. Soon, though, Emil finds himself getting sleepy... and the next thing he knows, the man in the bowler hat is gone-- and so is the money! With the help of some new friends Emil becomes a detective and tracks the thief through the city. With its enduring themes of leadership, courage, and teamwork, there are many lessons to be learned by the grownups and the children, alike, and the delightful illustrations by Walter Trier make this rollicking, heartwarming tale come alive.
Little Bear's father is finally coming home from a long fishing trip. Little Bear is very excited to see him--even if he doesn't bring the mermaid Little Bear has been hoping for!
Classic dreamlike children's tale of a boy's nighttime cooking adventures.
One summer Little Bear makes friends with a girl named Emily. But when summer ends, Emily must leave. Little Bear is very sad--until he finds a way to stay close to his new friend even when she is far away!
FROM THE BOOK JACKET: One was Johnny--but that's not all, count the others who came to call. This is a book about counting from one to ten and then backwards from ten to one.
Maurice Sendak, the master conjurer of images and words, mingles dark memories with myth, nightmares with sweet dreams and turns them all into "a profound work of art for children".--New York Times. Copyright © Libri GmbH. All rights reserved.
"A story with a moral air about Pierre, who learned to care." Young Pierre, whose favorite line is "I don't care!" changes his mind after meeting a hungry lion.
Winner of the 1964 Caldecott Medal for the Most Distinguished Picture Book of the Year, Where the Wild Things Are became an iconic book that has inspired a movie, an opera, and the imagination of generations. It continues to be one of the best loved books of all time the world over, by the one and only Maurice Sendak. Supports the Common Core State Standards. Images and image descriptions available.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.