- Table View
- List View
Conquering Your Migraine: The Essential Guide to Understanding and Treating Migraines for All Sufferers and Their Familiesby Seymour Diamond Mary Franklin
The up-to-the-minute guide to understanding and treating migraines for all migraine sufferers and their families Across America, twenty-eight million people suffer from migraines, costing the nation millions of dollars in lost work and school days, medication, and countless visits to doctors and hospitals. At the world-renowned Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago, Dr. Seymour Diamond has spent more than thirty years helping thousands of headache sufferers conquer their debilitating pain. At last, the resources of that institution are available in a book. Dr. Diamond's Conquering Your Migraine is a comprehensive guide to the identification and treatment of all types of migraine, including pediatric headache, hormonal migraine, and coexisting migraine and tension-type headache. This book includes: The most up-to-date research on the cause of migraine, including if and how it will affect treatment How to identify the danger signs of migraine Identifying and treating migraine when it is linked to depression Why more than 70 percent of migraine sufferers are women and what their particular circumstances mean for treatment How the miracle drugs of the twenty-first century can stop your migraine attack The latest in non-drug and self-help treatments, including relaxation therapy, biofeedback, and preventative therapies If you or someone close to you suffers from migraine, Dr. Diamond's Your Migraine is the lifeline you need to help free you from pain.
If your child suffers from bad headaches, then you know all too well the panic and frustration they cause -- and not just for your child, who may be too young or unwell to articulate what he's feeling, but for everyone in the family. When over-the-counter medications don't work and your pediatrician doesn't have an answer, you can now turn to preeminent headache and migraine expert Dr. Seymour Diamond for help. In Headache and Your Child, he gives parents information on the most up-to-date diagnostic tools and treatment options available for this increasingly common childhood illness. Dr. Diamond's extensive experience guides you from accurate identification through the best therapy for your child's specific problem, focusing particularly on migraines -- the most common acute headache in children and adolescents. He also discusses the whole gamut of possible headache causes, from stress through more serious conditions. With this book as a guide, you'll find: Help in identifying what type of headache your child experiences so you can quickly find the most effective, appropriate treatments Step-by-step exercises for controlling pain A diet that helps identify migraine triggers Alternatives to adult medications too strong for treating children Information about biofeedback, relaxation methods, and much more.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.