- Table View
- List View
Book 2 in The Adventures of Callie Ann. On her first day at her new dance school, Callie spots a boy dancing all by himself in a private studio. But he disappears before she gets a chance to meet him! Picture descriptions present.
Book 3 in The Adventures of Callie Ann chapter book series for young readers. When grandmama is rushed to the hospital, Callie is too young to enter the ward but she devises a plan to get in to see her anyway! Callie Ann also learns her best friend is struggling since she moved, but why? Picture descriptions present
Book 4 in The Adventures of Callie Ann chapter book series for young readers. When Callie's cat disappears, will anyone discover where Miss Kitty has gone? Picture descriptions added.
Book 1 in The Adventures of Callie Ann. Callie is beside herself when her family moves to a new town. Away from all her friends, Callie's afraid no one will remember her birthday! Moving is always scary, and when you move from a big city to a small town where you don't know anyone in the middle of summer just before your birthday, you can feel very lost. Leaving behind your best friend and trying to find new things to enjoy can be a challenge. Make friends with Callie Ann and find out how she gets used to Cornelius.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.