- Table View
- List View
Set in Bengali society of the early 1900's this novel is a depiction of orthodox Hindu society in conflict with Western thoughts brought in by British rule is good.
Grihdaha is an exploration of noble and complex human emotions and relationships and the triumph of love suffused with pain and suffering. Both the narratives make for an easy reading with their imaginative descriptions, lucid language and artistic cohesion. Due to the intence of emotions it has caught the imaginations of people of all ages.
Another classic of Sharat Chandra's novels. An intense story of friendship, love and betrayal. A story depicting the bygone era and the society of the times. Many things are still relevant as the human nature never changes. A must read for the lovers of literature and a soup for soul.
This is the Hindi translation of the book Pather Daavi written originally in Bangla by the Great Writer Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay. This novel is considered important also because of the dominant feeling of the love for home country. The importance could be understood by the fact that it was seized by the Britishers.
A beautiful weaving of threads of letters and quite unique to the tradition of Bengali writings of the time. The controversial novel "ultimate question", asks tough question to the society. The Characters take part in discussion in whether love can be shifted. Case of Shahjahan is discussed vigorously. Protagonist believes that a mental attitude that refuses to change is not healthy. Certainly a great piece of literature and a must read.
A story of a Brahmin boy who narrates series of events in his past twenty years.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.