- Table View
- List View
The follow up to 2012's bestselling The Soup Sisters Cookbook (over 35,000 copies sold), with more than 100 new soup recipes from "souper" volunteers and celebrity chefs. The Soup Sisters and Broth Brothers Cookbook showcases delicious recipes from Soup Sisters volunteers and from many top celebrity chefs--including Yotam Ottolenghi, Curtis Stone, Lidia Bastianich, Rob Feenie, Susur Lee, Michael Smith, Anna Olson, and Mark McEwan. With more than 100 recipes arranged by season, including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options, The Soup Sisters and Broth Brothers Cookbook gives you enough heartwarming soup recipes to prepare and share throughout the year. Soup Sisters is a Calgary-based non-profit enterprise founded in 2009. It organizes multiple volunteer soup-making events across the country every month to produce soup for women, children, and youth in need. Soup Sisters believes in the power of soup and the nutrition, comfort, and warmth that the gift of soup can bring. As well as working with women's shelters, Soup Sisters also operates Broth Brothers, which focuses on work with youth crisis centers across the country, providing support to young men who are working to support themselves. The Soup Sisters' growing network of supporters collectively cook up more than 10,000 servings of soup every month.
100 recipes arranged by season, The Soup Sisters Cookbook gives you heartwarming soups to prepare and share throughout the year. The Soup Sisters Cookbook showcases scrumptious recipes from the "souper volunteers" of the Soup Sisters and recipes from many of Canada's top celebrity chefs--including Michael Stadtlander, Bonnie Stern, Lucy Waverman, Massimo Capra, Anna Olson, Michael Bonacini and Elizabeth Baird. With 100 recipes arranged by season, The Soup Sisters Cookbook is certain to appeal to soup-lovers everywhere! Soup Sisters are a Calgary-based non-profit enterprise founded in 2009. They are dedicated to making a tangible difference to the lives of women and children in need. Soup Sisters believe in the power of soup and the nutrition, comfort and warmth that the gift of soup can bring. This belief has resonated quickly and profoundly with communities across Canada, who come together through their local Soup Sisters events to cook, share and donate soup, to women's shelters in their community. The Soup Sisters' growing network has over 4,500 supporters, who collectively donate over 8,000 bowls of soup every month--over 75,000 bowls of soup have been donated to date.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.